Patient Mobilization Equipment Cleaning and Disinfection
Patient lifts, seated transfer boards, and shower/commode chairs are all vital pieces of patient mobilization equipment. Whenever you need them, they should be clean and ready to use. Ensuring equipment is cleaned after every use is an essential part of any safe patient mobilization task. Below are our guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting patient mobilization equipment. Laundry instructions for reusable fabric products can be found on this page.
- Patient mobilization equipment should be cleaned and disinfected after every use
- Regular cleaning with a damp cloth using an appropriate pH-neutral detergent is recommended
- Avoid abrasive cleaning products and limit the use of bleach-containing products on decals, labels, and other surfaces
- Disposable disinfectant wipes or disinfectant solutions are acceptable and should be used according to their manufacturer’s directions
- Always check any emergency stop buttons or height adjustment controls after cleaning and disinfecting
- Battery powered or electrical patient mobilization equipment should never be exposed to running water
- Download a PDF copy of these instructions
If you have any further questions, please send us a message.